(gel for oral use)
Homogeneous gel-like mass from white to grayish color.
1 ml of the preparation contains the active ingredient:
albendazole – 100 mg.
Excipients: propylene glycol, xanthan gum.
ATCvet QP52, anthelmintic veterinary preparations (QP52AC11, albendazole).
The active ingredient of the preparation albendazole, methyl [5- (propylsulfanyl) -1H-benzimidazol-2-yl] carbamate, belongs to the benzimidazole group.
The mechanism of action of albendazole consists in impairing the transport of glucose, disrupting microtubular function and reducing the activity of fumarate reductase in helminths, which causes paralysis of the muscles of parasites and leads to their death.
Albendazole is used to animals without diet or laxatives.
Prevention and treatment of animals with parasitic diseases caused by:
in cattle, sheep, goats:
– gastrointestinal nematodes: Haemonchus contortus, Ostertagia spp, Trichostrongylus axei, Trichostrongylus colubriformis, Cooperia oncophora, Oesophagostomum radiatum, Nematodirus spathiger;
– pulmonary nematodes: Dictyocaulus vivaparus, D. filaria;
– cestodes: Moniezia expansa, M. benedeni, etc.;
– trematodes: Fasciola hepatica;
– gastrointestinal nematodes: Ascaris suum; Oesophagostomum spp.; Trichocephalus spp.; Strongyloides spp.; Metastrongylus spp.;
– cestodes (tapeworms): Anoplochephala magna;
– pulmonary nematodes: Dіctyocaulus vivaparus;
in carnivores (dogs, cats, fur-bearing animals):
– gastrointestinal nematodes: Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria spp., Ancylostoma spp., Trichocephalus spp.,
– cestodes: Taenia solium, Dipylidium caninum, Diphyllobothrium latum;
– trematodes: Opisthorchis felineus.
The preparation is used once orally, individually with food, without diet, in doses (ml per 10 kg of body weight):
cattle: nematodes, cestodes – 0.75; trematodes – 1.0-1.5 (chronic fascioliasis – 1.0; with severe invasion – 1.3-1.5);
sheep, goats: nematodes, cestodes – 0.5; trematodes – 1.0;
pigs: nematodes – 1.0;
horses: nematodes, cestodes – 0.5;
dogs, cats, fur animals: nematodes, cestodes, trematodes – 2.5.
Do not mix with hot food!
If necessary, the administration of the drug is repeated after 14 days.
Hypersensitivity to preparations of the benzimidazole group.
The preparation is prescribed with caution to animals with impaired liver, kidney and hematopoietic system functions.
Slaughter of animals for meat is allowed 14 days after the last use of the preparation, milk can be used for human consumption after 4 days. Until the specified time, meat and milk are fed to unproductive animals or disposed of, depending on the conclusion of a veterinarian.
Polymer bags of 5 and 10 ml.
In a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 °C.