(powder for oral use)
Powder from white to yellowish color with a specific smell of the constituent components.
1 g of the preparation contains active ingredient:
albendazole – 100 mg.
ATCvet QP52, anthelmintic veterinary drugs (QP52AC11, albendazole).
The active ingredient of the preparation albendazole, methyl [5- (propylsulfanyl) -1H-benzimidazol-2-yl] carbamate, belongs to the benzimidazole group.
The mechanism of action of albendazole consists in impairing the transport of glucose, disrupting microtubular function and reducing the activity of fumarate reductase in helminths, which causes paralysis of the muscles of parasites and leads to their death.
The preparation is absorbed better than other benzimidazoles, when it is administered orally. It is excreted from the body in the form of metabolites in the urine. 47% of the administered dose is excreted from the body within 9 days.
Albendazole is used to animals without diet or laxatives.
Deworming of cattle, sheep, goats, horses, carnivores (dogs, cats, fur animals) in case of helminth damage:
in cattle, sheep, goats:
– gastrointestinal nematodes: Haemonchus spp., Nematodirus spp., Bunostomum spp., Ostertagia spp., Oesophagostomum spp., Trichostrongylus spp., Cooperia spp., Chabertia ovina, Trichuris spp., Strongyloides papillosus, Neoascaris vitulorum;
– pulmonary nematodes: Dictyocaulus vivaparus, Dictyocaulus filaria;
– cestodes: Moniezia spp., Avitellina centripunctata, Thysaniezia giardi;
– trematodes (sexually mature): Fasciola hepatica;
– cestodes: Anoplocephala magna, А. perfoliata, Paranoplocephala mamillana;
– nematodes: Oxyuris equi, Parascaris equorum, Strongylus spp. and families of Cyathostomidae, Strongyloides westeri, Dyctyocaulus arnfieldi;
in carnivores (dogs, cats, fur-bearing animals):
– nematodes: Toxocara spp., Toxascaris spp., Ancylostoma spp., Uncinaria spp., Trichuris spp.;
– cestodes: Taenia spp., Echinococcus spp., Dipylidium caninum, Diphyllobothrium latum;
– tremarodes: Opisthorchis felineus.
The preparation is used once orally with food in doses:
– cattle – 0.75-1.0 g of the preparation per 10 kg of body weight (with nematodes and cestodoses – 0.75 g/10 kg bw, with trematodes – 1.0 g/10 kg bw .);
– sheep, goats – 0.5-1.0 g of the preparation per 10 kg of body weight (with nematodes and cestodoses – 0.5-0.75 g/10 kg bw, with trematodes – 1.0 g/10 kg bw);
– horses – 0.8 g of the preparation per 10 kg of body weight;
– dogs, cats, fur animals – 2.0-5.0 g of the preparation per 10 kg of body weight.
If necessary, the preparation is used again after 14 days.
Hypersensitivity to preparations of the benzimidazole group.
The preparation is prescribed with caution to animals with impaired liver, kidney and hematopoietic system functions.
Slaughter of animals for meat is allowed 14 days after the last use of the preparation, milk can be used for human consumption after 4 days. The use of offal (liver, lungs, heart) for food is allowed: pigs – after 35 days; cattle, sheep, goats and poultry – after 20 days. Until the specified time, meat and milk are fed to unproductive animals or disposed of, depending on the conclusion of a veterinary doctor.
Polymer bags of 2, 100 g and 1 kg.
In a dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 °C.